Welcome!

Hope you enjoy my blog.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Necklaces from Istanbul Turkey Oya

Necklace in Muted Shades

This piece can be worn as a necklace or a belt!

Necklace in VIBRANT colors!

One of my favorite stops on our trip was to Istanbul, Turkey. Here we strolled the Istanbul and saw many shops and small eateries. The Grand Bazaar was closed as it was Sunday but I was a lucky girl to find these BEAUTIFUL necklaces. As we were walking I saw a door dripping in crochet of all colors and shapes. As we entered the store it was filled with so many necklaces, earrings and braclelets, such lovely things. I knew I would buy something but it was sooooo hard to choose as I wanted everything. Here we met the Dad and his daughter who were so nice. The daughter, Funda, designs and makes all the jewelry. The 3 pieces pictures here are the ones I choose, and I wanted more, but purchased only three. The crochet work is so fine and perfect, I believe this is still called OYA lace even if crocheted. I wish I had bough at least one traditional OYA piece but maybe this means I will be back for more!

No comments: